home page

Dayton Texas

Appearances Payments & Court Dates

To Pay in Person

You may appear at the Municipal Court window in person during business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Closed for Lunch from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.) to make a payment. When paying in person, cash, cashier's check, money order, MasterCard, Discover or Visa (either debit or credit cards) are accepted. No personal checks accepted.

Payment On Your Court Date

If you have not previously appeared, paid or rescheduled, you are required to appear in court by the date stated on your ticket. 

  • appearing at the Municipal Court, 2002 North Cleveland and paying the fine & court costs, or
  • mailing a money order or cashier’s check to Dayton Municipal Court, 2002 North Cleveland, Dayton, Texas 77535. Do not mail cash. or
  • Payments received by mail are a plea of No Contest unless the proper form and documentation is received with payment. All "Not Guilty" pleas are to be made in person or in writing by mail. Court dates are not reset by telephone or by a person other than the one receiving the citation. No cases will be disposed of by telephone.

Missing Your Court Date

Failure to comply with your written promise to appear in court as made on the citation that you received, will constitute a separate offense of Failure to Appear may also be filed. That offense carries a window fine of $300 (not including collection fees) and will result in warrants being issued for your arrest. Failure to appear in court or failure to satisfy a judgement ordering the payment of a fine and cost in the manner ordered by the court may result in the denial of renewal of your driver’s license. To avoid arrest, you should make payment or request a reset for a new court date.

Resetting Your Court Date

A court date may be reset 1 time without the Judge's approval. To reset a court date, you must do so in person at the Municipal Court by 5 p.m.

*The court may provide an alternative to the full payment of any fine or costs assessed against you, if you are convicted of an offense and unable to pay the full amount.*